Friday, November 19, 2010

Injury update for the Warriors (Pilares, Masch are back, Davis is finally healthy)

About how their team has rebounded well after the loss to Boise State, Mack said:
"You can't tell two days later if they just won or lost. They're ready to play the next game. We have a lot of goals ahead of us. We're not going to sit around and cry about something. We didn't after losing to (Southern California) or Colorado. Boise was a higher-ranked team. We don't cry over a loss. We move on to the next game." (HSA)


About how it is good that Kealoha Pilares has said that he can play on Saturday, Greg Salas said:
"Kealoha is a big-time playmaker. It's good to have him back." (HSA)


About how he is nicknamed the "Microwave" and is expected to bring energy in 3rd-down situations, Zach Masch said:
"I have to be ready quickly, like a microwave. I can't be like an oven. I keep myself mentally ready on the sideline, going through plays in my head. When it's time to get in there, I give it everything I have." (HSA)


About how he is their only starting DB without an interception or fumble recovery, Lametrius Davis said:
"Sometimes you don't get things your way. It's part of the game. You can always do other things to help your team." (HSA)


About the injured knee he has been playing with all season is better now that it was earlier this season, Davis said:
"I'm healthier than the beginning of the season. It's not an excuse, but it's pretty evident." (HSA)


Abot how he felt discomfort in his right knee while working out in January, Davis said:
"I knew I was hurt, but I don't remember hurting it." (HSA)


About the pain intensified when he competed in spring training, Davis said:
"It came to a point where it was hard to move laterally. I finally got an MRI on it. It was a torn meniscus." (HSA)


HSA Note: "He did not compete in the Warrior Bowl, then underwent arthroscopic surgery. He said his rehabilitation was hindered when he went to the mainland to take care of "some family matters.""


About how he doesn't want to use the knee injury as an excuse, Davis said:
"I didn't want to make it an excuse to why I wasn't playing well." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Davis said he aggravated his right knee against Louisiana Tech, and has only fully healed in the past week."


http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20101119_Hawaii_turns_the_page_after_loss.html

No comments:

Post a Comment