Thursday, November 25, 2010

Chad Owens was named CFL Most Outstanding Special Teams Player and Sol Elimimian was named CFL Rookie of the Year!

ES = Edmonton Sun


About being unanimously named to the CFL Most Outstanding Special Teams Player on the same night that Sol Elimimian won the CFL Rookie of the Year award, Chad Owens said:
"This is big. We've had a couple guys from Hawaii play in the CFL. This is big for the state of Hawaii, big for my family and big for the Toronto Argonauts." (ES)


Thanking head coach Wally Buono for giving him a chance to play, Elimimian said:
"As a rookie, they had no reason to give me a chance. I missed two weeks, and the pre-season game. A lot of guys get hurt just for being cut. I wasn't sure I would get a chance. Wally seen something in me he like and he stuck with me. Thank God or I wouldn't be here." (ES)


http://www.edmontonsun.com/sports/greycup/2010/11/25/16321696.html

No comments:

Post a Comment