Monday, October 18, 2010

Davone Bess signed a 2-year contract extension that makes him the highest paid slot receiver in the NFL!

Asked what he plans to buy after signing his new contract, Davone Bess (who had a son born 2 weeks ago) said:
"I'm going to buy a new crib. I'm tired of him sleeping next to my wife. I need to sleep next to my wife." (HSA)


HSA Note: "But the Dolphins decided to restructure his contract, paying him a signing bonus that he may cash immediately, and guaranteeing parts of his wages through the 2013 season. In most NFL contracts, only the signing bonus is guaranteed. Bess and agent Kenny Zuckerman agreed not to disclose the exact financial terms. But it has been reported that Bess will be among the 32 highest-paid receivers in the NFL. The 35th highest-paid receiver has a contract averaging $3.5 million annually."


About how this contract extension gets Bess financial security while making him a free agent again in 2013 when he's just 28 years old, Bess' agent Kenny Zuckerman said:
"The intent of this was to get him financial security and another bite of the apple." (HSA)


About going from an undrafted free agent to an established NFL career in Miami, Bess said:
"I'm thankful for the opportunity. Even though I didn't get drafted, Miami gave me an opportunity to compete. It gave me a chance to work hard in the system, and it paid off. It's been a long journey. This is a new chapter." (HSA)

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20101018_bess_upgrades_deal_with_dolphins.html

No comments:

Post a Comment