Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Other quotes from the Star-Advertiser (#1 C Lefiti is cleared to play)

About being medically cleared to practice today, #1 center Matagisila Lefiti said:
"I'm ready to put on the pads and crack some heads." (HSA)


About the fracture in his left foot, Lefiti said:
"The littlest thing is the biggest thing for an offensive lineman. You're always on your feet." (HSA)


Lefiti said that being sidelined:
"irritated the hell out of me." (HSA)


About how Lefiti will get reps with the first team once he returns, Lefiti said:
"We're going to battle. Bronson is looking solid. I have to give it my all. I can't come in there and mess around. He's been a solid center for us for three games. We'll see what happens. ... I think we're going to be together at the 1s. We'll see who the best man is." (HSA)


About how they will not be practicing in full pads today, Lefiti said:
"I was so upset we weren't going full gear (for today's practice). I was like, 'What, no full gear? Just helmets and jerseys? Oh, damn.' I was looking forward to putting all of my gear on, taping it up, and going out there and learning." (HSA)


About how they are considering "less substituting" and using just 3 DTs and 3 DEs each game, Mack said:
"That's what we're thinking right now." (HSA)


http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20100921_Lefiti_cleared_to_play_ready_to_compete_for_job.html

No comments:

Post a Comment