Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Billy Ray Stutzmann is the starting left wideout, replacing the injured Rodney Bradley

About how he likes to walk-sprint to the top of Koko Crater in 20-25 minutes, Billy Ray Stutzmann said:
"It's a great workout." (HSA)


About easily making the adjustment to the top left wideout after playing right wideout for UH, Stutzmann said:
"It was fine. I played everywhere in high school. It was getting the footwork down. Once I did that, basically, it was like second nature." (HSA)


About redshirting after spraining his right ankle last year, Stutzmann said:
"Everything happens for a reason. Maybe it was a good thing to redshirt. It helped me get experience under my belt." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Stutzmann went with a dual training program to prepare for this season. He complemented his UH workouts with an exercise program at a local training center. He said the center's isometric exercises helped improve his strength, quickness and agility."


About the isometric exercises, Stutzmann said:
"It took me to a whole new level." (HSA)


HSA Note: "To improve his pass-catching, he works with the JUGS throwing machine. He also carries around small medicine balls (weighing between 2 and 6 pounds) to strengthen his hands and wrists."


About his first TD reception as a Warrior, Stutzmann said:
"When (Bryant Moniz) threw the ball in the air, I knew it was going to be mine." (HSA)


Asked for his initial reaction to his TD, Stutzmann said:
"I felt on top of the world." (HSA)


About how they didn't ask him to move to wideout after his production dropped last year when he was moved to wideout, Kealoha Pilares said:
"They knew not to come to me. That wasn't even an option. I was not going to move. They tried to joke about it, but I said: 'Don't mess with me like that.' " (HSA)


About how it is too difficult for him to change positions, Pilares said:
"In this offense, you need stability. You can face one coverage that looks 30 different ways. The more looks you get at one position, the more you'll know what to expect." (HSA)


http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20100929_Stutzmann_has_all_the_left_stuff.html

No comments:

Post a Comment