Monday, August 2, 2010

Colt Brennan was surprised when he was cut after practice today

WP = Washington Post


About his surprise when he was cut by the Redskins today, Colt Brennan said:
"I was totally surprised. I actually was walking off the field today and someone asked, 'How'd you do today?' I said I had a good day. It was a good practice, so I said I'd have a good rest of the day. It was definitely a surprise." (WP)


About the Washington cutting him and trading for John Beck today, Colt said:
"It had nothing to do with my play. To be honest with you, it was never a situation with me playing and how I did. It was basically that they always had a real strong interest in John Beck. [Offensive coordinator] Kyle [Shanahan] said he had looked into getting John early on and they couldn't get him. He was excited about my film and interested in working with me. But when this deal came down, they jumped on it. They told me they wanted to give me an opportunity to grow." (WP)


Praising Washington for giving him a chance early on in camp, Colt said:
"They wanted me to have a chance early on in camp. They didn't want to put me in a bad position. Kyle told me I'm a kid who needs reps. Kyle's an awesome guy, and that's the only thing that's really kind of a bummer, because I love this coaching staff. They've been really cool to me and I was building a great relationship with them. But this is a business. They said they would do anything they could to help me. They told me they think I can play, so they just wanted to give me an opportunity to catch on somewhere." (WP)


WP Note: "Brennan hurt his left hip during the final 2009 preseason game against the Jacksonville Jaguars/ The team decided to put him on the season-ending injured-reserved list and he underwent surgery. Brennan had surgery on his right hip before his rookie year. Brennan had base salaries of $295,000 in 2008 and $385,000 last season. Although he became a fan favorite after his productive rookie debut in the 2008 Hall of Fame game, he has never appeared in regular-season game."


About how he can sign with any team if he clears waivers in the next 24 hours, Colt said:
"It's just a wait-and-see process right now, but it's definitely a bummer because I was definitely looking forward to making a home here. I definitely love the area, and I can't say enough about how good the fans have been to me." (WP)


http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/quarterbacks/colt-brennan-says-skins-wanted.html

No comments:

Post a Comment