Monday, May 24, 2010

Ron Lee resigns from the Warrior coaching staff

HA Note: "Lee said he actually made his decision in February, but was asked to remain on the staff through spring practice, which concluded April 30. Lee said he has some "options,"and expects to still continue coaching in the future."


Ron Lee said that after 9 years under JJ and 2 years as Mack's offensive coordinator:
"it was time to move on. I'm going to miss it." (HA)


Saying that his resignation is not because he was demoted from offensive coordinator and gave up play-calling duties early last season, Ron Lee said:
"Nothing to do with that." (HA)


Ron said that the adjustment was what:
"I went through last year, kind of." (HA)


HA Note: "Lee also has a lengthy resume as a Hawaii high school coach. He coached at Kalani and later led Kaiser High School to its only football title in 1979. He also was offensive coordinator at Saint Louis from 1992 to 1998, helping his younger brother Cal build a football dynasty with the Crusaders."


HSB Note: "Hawaii assistant offensive coordinator Ron Lee has announced his resignation effective June 15. Lee coached the Warriors receivers for 11 years and spent the last two as offensive coordinator."

About resigning from UH, Ron Lee said:
"I appreciated my time at the University of Hawaii. It was a lot of fun but it's time to move on. What I'll miss the most are the players and the relationships and friendships I've built with them. I wish all the players and my fellow coaches the best of luck." (HSB)


Praising Ron Lee, Mack said:
"Ron Lee is a legend in Hawaii. Ron talked to me prior to spring ball about his wish to retire. I asked him to go through spring ball and told him I would support his decision. Ron and I have been friends for many years. He is a great person who has made an outstanding contribution to football, the University of Hawaii and in the entire state. We thank him for his years of dedication and wish him well. We will miss him." (HSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment