Friday, May 21, 2010

Pisa Tinoisamoa feels that he has unfinished business with the Chicago Bears

About being motivated to re-sign with the Bears after his injury-shortened season during his first season in Chicago, Pisa said:
"I felt like there was a lot of unfinished business. I felt like I left a lot of stuff on the table that I didn't get to eat and clean up." (ESPN)


About how he tested the free agent market even after the Bears told him they wanted him back despite how he only played in 2 games last season, Pisa said:
"There were a couple of other teams [that expressed interest] but I knew that I wanted to come back. It was only a matter if they wanted to have me back, so I was very honored after the little I played, the Bears wanted me back. I was pretty pumped." (ESPN)


About how Nick Roach now seems to have the best shot at the starting strong side LB spot, Pisa said:
"It might be kind of reversed. Last year, although Roach was the starter, people thought I would be given the first crack at the starting job. But now, it's kind of reversed. Nick is a very good player and I like him a lot. But that's not going to keep me from competing and doing what I need to do. I still consider myself a starter, so I think this will be a healthy battle that's going to make this team better." (ESPN)


ESPN Note: "Still working his way back from a knee injury, Tinoisamoa only participated in one practice Friday, while Roach was essentially sidelined for the entire day with muscle tightness."


http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4664907/tinoisamoa-has-unfinished-business-in-chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment