Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Aaron Kia will get a tryout with the Jets

HA Note: "Kia has been invited to participate in the New York Jets' organized team activities (OTA) beginning May 15. The workouts will serve as a tryout, and if Kia does well, he might receive a free-agent contract from the Jets."


About how Brashton Satele was the first person to call him after learning that he was invited to OTAs with the Jets, Aaron Kia said:
"I wanted to know what the weather would be like in New York." (HA)


About how his tryout with the 49ers should help him in his tryout with the Jets, Kia said:
"Now I have an idea of what to expect." (HA)


About how he weighed 281 pounds at UH's Pro Day and was about 290 at the start of the 49ers' mini-camp, Kia said:
"My goal is to be over 300. I want to be solid. I don't want to be flabby." (HA)


About how he's training with his brother Micah (UCLA OL) and former UCLA DL Jerzy Siewierski, Kia said:
"I've got two more weeks to gain some more weight and continue training. It's not like I'm relying on somebody else. It's up to me. I have a legitimate shot. Hopefully, it will happen. It's an opportunity." (HA)


http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20100505/SPORTS04/5050365/1049/sportsfront/Former+Warrior+Kia+gets+Jet+tryout

No comments:

Post a Comment