Sunday, April 18, 2010

Warrior Quotes from the Advertiser (Moniz will be allowed to rejoin the Warriors!)

About how Bryant Moniz wil be allowed to rejoin the Warriors, Mack said:
"He's going to work it out. He's going to be back on our football team. It's between he and myself when he comes back." (HA)


About how Austin and Graves are at the top of their QB depth chart and Shutter/Nielsen/Rausch are in the next tier, Mack said:
"At this point, (Austin and Graves) have separated themselves (from the others) a little bit." (HA)


About Austin's INT yesterday, Rolo said:
"Shane did a lot of good things, but you can't throw the ball up in the middle of the field, especially on third-and-5. He knows that read." (HA)


About his INT, Austin said:
"I should have gone with the shorter route." (HA)


About trying to force the ball to Salas, Austin said:
"You like to give your play-maker some opportunities, but that's not an opportunity when you throw into coverage." (HA)


About Graves made the right read on his INT but executed it incorrectly so Lewis Walker made the INT, Rolo said:
"He has to lead (the receiver). If he does, he has a touchdown." (HA)


About his INT, Graves said:
"I tried to be too careful, and didn't put the ball out as much as I should have. I kind of weak-armed it." (HA)


About being their #1 QB, Austin said:
"I'm starting to get used to (being No. 1), and building that chemistry and bond with the offense. We're starting to click." (HA)


About how he can scramble after he looks for his 4 passing options, Graves said:
"It's the fifth progression. If nothing is going on, I like to run and make things happen on the run." (HA)


About how they aren't working on scrambling much now, Rolo said:
"(Graves') strength is his athleticism and creativeness. A lot of that pops out at game time." (HA)


Hoping for a decision soon by the NCAA on his petition for a 6th season, Letuli said:
"I want (the NCAA) to give me something. I don't care what the answer is. I want an answer so I know what to do." (HA)


About wearing his brother's #13 jersey yesterday, Liko Satele (who is going back to his #98) said:
"I took it from his locker." (HA)


About missing the rest of spring practice due to a torn MCL in his left knee, Kainoa LaCount said:
"It's all right. As long as I'm coming back, that's the main thing." (HA)


About losing 25 pounds since July, the 6'6", 320-pound LaCount said:
"Rice and soda were killers. I was a junk-food eater. I cut out rice and cut out the sweets." (HA)


About trying to earn the gunner spot on the right side of their punt team, Darius Bright said:
"It was my first day there. I'll keep working at it. But I don't mind hitting somebody. I'll give it all that I've got." (HA)


http://sports.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100418/SPORTS0201/4180379&template=UHsports

No comments:

Post a Comment