Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Laupepa Letuli was granted a 6th season by the NCAA!

Happy to be able to play for the Warriors this season, Letuli (UH's #1 RT) said:
"I'm very happy to be coming back. I'm happy for my family, too." (HA)


About how the NFL draft starts tomorrow and he needed to notify the NFL if he was available for free-agent offers, Letuli said:
"It was getting frustrating when I didn't hear anything (from the NCAA). I got the answer I wanted." (HA)


HA Note: "During the 2005 training camp, when Letuli was a true freshman, he suffered ligament damage to his right shoulder. He did not play a down that season. In 2009, he suffered a tendon injury in his left knee. The injury prevented him from running. He even underwent a blood-spinning procedure in which his blood was drawn, treated, and then injected into the damaged tendon. Letuli provided what the NCAA calls contemporaneous documents — notes written in the year he was injured."


About how he provided contemporaneous documentation to the NCAA, Letuli said:
"My mom really helped me out. Plus, Eric (Okazaki, UH's head athletic trainer). They documented everything." (HA)


Ready to resume full workouts with the Warriors starting today, Letuli said:
"I wouldn't say I'm in the best shape right now, but I'm in the direction of losing weight." (HA)


About how he'd like to report to training camp weighing about 305 pounds, Letuli said:
"It's good to be back." (HA)


http://sports.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100421/SPORTS0201/4210371&template=UHsports

No comments:

Post a Comment