Sunday, March 7, 2010

Feature interview with Colt Brennan in the Advertiser

HA Note: "For several hours yesterday, it was 2007, as Colt Brennan put a Sharpie autograph to hundreds of T-shirts, photographs, caps, mini-helmets, paper scraps — basically, anything with a surface, including skin."


Interviewed while serving as a guest instructor at the Field of Legends Football Clinic at Aloha Stadium yesterday, Colt Brennan said:
"I love being in Hawai'i, meeting people, having fun." (HA)


About how he's healthy for the first time since September 2007 (he's had 3 surgeries in the last 21 months), Colt said:
"There are no problems anymore." (HA)


HA Note: "The first was to repair a torn labrum in his right hip. After his rookie season, in 2008, he underwent surgery for a partially torn meniscus in his left knee. Then a week before the start of the 2009 season, he suffered a torn left hamstring. It was later learned that all of the injuries were related: the left knee was worn down by over-compensating for the right-hip ailment; the torn hamstring was a byproduct of a torn labrum in his left hip. Brennan underwent surgery
on his left hip that involved shaving down cartilage to make it a more comfortable fit. He also underwent a blood-spinning procedure in which his blood was drawn, treated, and then reintroduced to strengthen his left hamstring."


About the surgeries, Colt said:
"Technically. I should be stronger, faster, more agile and more powerful in my hip than I was before I got hurt." (HA)


About how he increased his weight to 218 while lowering his body fat to 10% by training in Arizona for the past 2 months, Colt said:
"I've been running and training. I don't have any serious aches or pains. I feel great." (HA)


About how Washington's offense will change to Mike Shanahan's spread offense, Colt said:
"They love to create a lot of opportunities with play-action. They like to move the quarterback. .... As long as they need a guy (who) can move and sling it, that's exactly what I'll do." (HA)


About his chances to earn a spot in the new offense, Colt said:
"Hopefully, it's a great opportunity to show up and showcase what I've got and make them realize there's a reason they drafted me, there's a reason why they kept me, and there's a reason I'm in D.C. now." (HA)

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20100307/SPORTS04/3070352/1049/sportsfront/Good+sign+Brennan+healthy+again

No comments:

Post a Comment