Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Article on how the Warriors are prepared for Spring Practice

About preparing for the spring practice to begin, Shane Austin said while eating on the way to class:
"I've got my PB and J. I'm good to go." (HA)


About how he will be limited this spring due to his recovery from a fractured fibia and tibia in his left leg, Rodney Bradley said:
"I'll be able to catch. I won't be running." (HA)


HA Note: "Brett Leonard, who was recruited as an offensive tackle in 2009, will open as the top left guard. Leonard, a junior-college transfer, was on the active roster and made the first three road trips last year. But he did not get into a game, and was available on a need-to-play basis. At mid-season, it was decided it would be best for Leonard to redshirt. Facing the Warriors' first-team defense every day in practice, Leonard was used at both tackle and guard. In preparing for the Idaho game, Leonard portrayed Vandal guard Mike Iupati in practices."


About moving him from tackle to guard, Brett Leonard said:
"I think that's where they got the idea." (HA)


About telling OL coach Gordy Shaw during his exit interview last season that he was interested in competing at LG this year, Leonard said:
"It just helps me out with my future, if I want to make one after my two (seasons) here." (HA)


Brett Leonard said that knowing how to play both guard and tackle:
"makes me a more valuable asset to the team and makes it more valuable to me." (HA)


About weighing 320 pounds, the 6'5" Leonard said:
"It's all good weight." (HA)


About how they have excellent 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 workouts and using the weight room in the mornings on their own, Spencer Smith said:
"We've had great workouts, the best since I've been here." (HA)


About how the disappointment of not making a bowl game has motivated them this offseason, Smith said:
"I think everyone realizes how serious it is and how hard we have to work. We didn't make a bowl game, so I think that really slapped the taste of winning out of our mouths. It made us realize you can't show up and make it to a bowl game. You have to work hard every day." (HA)


About how their focus after the Wisonsin game has been on getting ready for spring practice, Shane Austin said:
"It's something you look forward to all season. It's a little miniature season. It's fun. It's always exciting. We try to live ahead, not live in the past. (The Wisconsin game) is something to build on, learn from, and really grow as a team. It's time to put that in the past and get better and go from here." (HA)


http://sports.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100331/SPORTS0201/3310366&template=UHsports

No comments:

Post a Comment