Monday, February 15, 2010

Article about Colt Brennan meeting Pres. Obama

RS = redskins.com

RS Note: "One of Brennan's fans is Congresswoman Mazie Hirono, of Hawai'i's second district. Hirono had met with Brennan -- a University of Hawai'i standout -- before a game during the 2008 season, and she had followed his career ever since. And Congresswoman Hirono does understand the injured reserve rule. So when her husband was unavailable to join her at the White House 2009 Christmas party, she correctly guessed that Brennan wouldn't be doing much else, and invited him to come along as her guest."


About how he had to rent a tuxedo because he doesn't own one yet, Colt said:
"I don't own a tux yet. I own a lot of nice suits, but I didn't feel like being underdressed at the White House. So I rented a tux, rolled in there and did my thing." (RS)


Asked to explain what doing his thing meant, Colt said:
"It's hard to tell where you really all a lot of the time inside the White House, but it seemed like the whole downstairs was opened up. There were tables of food and drink, and you basically just walked around and got a real in-depth tour of the White House and got to meet all kinds of well-known people in politics. It was just really fun, hob-nobbing it with some big-time people." (RS)


RS Note: "Brennan met both President Barack Obama -- who was born in Hawai'i -- and Vice President Joe Biden -- two meetings that he described as "really, really, really cool." "


About meeting the President, Colt said:
"You're in a huge line to meet the president and you have a designated time. They kind of shoo you in and shoo you out. I mean, I've met a lot of celebrities, a lot of big time people, but meeting the President ... it was an honor. Just sharing thirty seconds to a minute with him, and him saying [to wife Michelle], 'Honey, this is the best quarterback that ever came out of the University of Hawai'i.'" (RS)


About the nice words from Pres. Obama, Colt said:
"So right then and there. I was like, 'I like this guy a lot.'" (RS)


About having a limited time with the President, Colt said:
"Like I said, everybody's there and everybody gets a chance to meet him, so they're real adamant about getting you in and getting you out. So the whole time he was asking questions and was real talkative; they were almost shooing me out the door when he was still asking me questions." (RS)


About how meeting the President was different than all of his meetings with other prominent people, Colt said:
"I've met a lot of celebrities and stuff, but to sit there and share that minute, I was, like, 'Wow.' My hands were a little clammy, you know? They say this guy's the most powerful guy in the world, and I could definitely get that feeling when I was around him. Like I said, I was a little shy and I just kind of sat there while he said real nice things. It happened real fast. Just met him, took a picture, and was on my way." (RS)


Asked if he would run for public office someday, Colt said:
"No. No. I'm not really a politics type guy. I think I'd be a solid political advisor, but I wouldn't be a great politician. I shoot from the hip a little too much for that." (RS)

http://blog.redskins.com/2010/02/15/monday-february-15-colt-brennan-at-the-white-house/

No comments:

Post a Comment