Monday, January 25, 2010

Feature story on Kody Afusia committing to the Warriors

OCR = Orange County Register

OCR Note: "The active and aggressive two-way lineman committed to his favorite school, Hawaii, during a memorable recruiting trip Jan. 16. The Warriors recruited him as a center. Afusia's visit included a luau, accommodations at a hotel on the beach, an on-campus reggae concert, a tour of Aloha Stadium and a chance to surf for the first time."


About why he committed to UH, Kody Afusia said:
"I felt Hawaii is the place for me. Just the people. ... And I love the environment. It feels like I'm at home. All the guys I met for a day are now my close friends. They all feel like my family." (OCR)


OCR Note: "Afusia also met an actual family member on his trip. He discovered that Warrior recruit David Lefotu of Pearl City High in Hawaii is a distant cousin. Afusia had scheduled recruiting trips to San Jose State and Montana State but decided to cancel those plans. San Jose State didn't go down without a fight. The Spartans called Afusia after he committed to Hawaii."


About going to Ocean View for high school instead of a football power high school, Afusia said:
"I went to (Ocean View) with people saying, 'That's not really a football school. You're not going to get looked at.' It's really not about how big your school is. It's if you give everything you've got every play – (then) you will get noticed." (OCR)


http://www.ocvarsity.com/sports/font-19276-normal-style.html

No comments:

Post a Comment