Saturday, January 23, 2010

Feature on John Estes at the East-West Shrine Game

About needing to impress the NFL scouts at the East-West Shrine game, John Estes said:
"Not that many colleges recruited me because of my measurables and it's kind of the same thing now. But I have an opportunity at the Shrine game and I feel I did pretty well." (HSB)


HSB Note: "Estes and Washington State's Kenny Alfred are the centers on the West roster and are expected to play two quarters each. But much of the impressions for the week were set in the practices leading up to the game. Estes said he had a solid day on Tuesday, though he was a bit disappointed in losing one of his one-on-one duels. He came back Wednesday to win his one-on-ones and felt solid in pass and run blocking."


About working hard in the practices, Estes said:
"I've been concentrating on finishing my blocks and getting to the second level. The practices are equal to or even more important than the game. All the scouts are there and it's full-pads, full-speed every snap. Everybody's fighting for their draft position, so it's going to get intense." (HSB)


About how 90% of the plays this week have been run with the QB under center, Estes said:
"It's a lot easier. I can get out of the blocks so much faster." (HSB)


HSB Note: "He's hoping a strong showing this week will lead to an invitation to the NFL Combine. He also plans on working out for the scouts at UH's pro day."


http://www.starbulletin.com/sports/sportsnews/20100123_uhs_estes_hopes_to_get_nfl_scouts_attention.html

No comments:

Post a Comment