Thursday, December 10, 2009

Zac Quines commits to the Warriors!

About how he always wanted to play for UH, Zac Quines said:
"Ever since I was little, this is something I always wanted to do. I always watched their games. Being a fan of UH, my dad was always telling me I would go there and 'one day we'll tailgate at your games.' Ever since then, I've been keeping that in mind. Finally, the day has come, and I'm going to be a Warrior." (HA)


HA Note: "Quines said he is 6 feet 3, 210 pounds, and once ran 40 yards in 4.68 seconds.


Praising Quines' understanding of football, Mililani coach Darnell Arceneaux said:
"He understands his keys, and he understands the game. The great thing about him is he brings it every day. Once he turns it on, it's on. He has a great future. He'll fit right into college ball." (HA)


Quines said that Blaze Soares and Leonard Peters were his role models because they helped:
"increase my intensity level." (HA)


About how he loved football from the first day he got to play it, Quines said:
"The first day, putting on the pads, it was a sport I always wanted to do. Physical contact was my thing." (HA)


HA Note: "While he considers himself to be "a typical local boy — kicking back, going to the beach," Quines is constantly working out. At home, he does push-ups. He often will visit a neighborhood fire department station, which has a bar for pull-ups."


Praising Quines, Arceneaux said:
"He works extra hard. He has good character. He has good morals." (HA)


http://sports.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091210/SPORTS0201/912100363&template=UHsports

No comments:

Post a Comment