Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Richard Torres (5'7", 171 pounds) is UH's top nickel back

HSB Note: "Blitzing off the edge is one of the nickel back's main duties, sending the 5-foot-7, 171-pound sophomore against tackles Laupepa Letuli (6-4, 320) or Aaron Kia (6-5, 290) in practice."

About how Torres is an effective blitzer, Rich Miano said:
"People don't realize how quick he is. He turns the corner. He knows how to knife in there, he knows how to time up the cadence." (HSB)

About earning the #1 nickel back spot this spring, Richard Torres said:
"It's just more comfortable. I'm trying to limit the mistakes now that I understand the defense a lot more and be in position to make plays. Now I can react faster." (HSB)

About how he's been trying to add weight without reducing his speed, Torres said:
"God made me this way so I have to make do with it." (HSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment