Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Feature on Jeramy Bryant

About being buried by 293-pound John Estes on a sweep play, the 5'9", 170-pound Jeramy Bryant said:
"I tried to keep outside contain." (HA)

About his big block on Bryant, John Estes smiled and said:
"I didn't really want to hit him. He just bounced off of me." (HA)

About taking on Estes' block, Bryant said:
"I had to show my team I'm dedicated. No matter what, I'll do it." (HA)

HA Note: "Bryant, who redshirted last season after transferring from Los Angeles Harbor College, is the leading candidate for one of the starting jobs at corner. He also is practicing as a nickelback."

Praising Bryant, Mac said:
"Technically, he's very sound. He's smart. He has a great attitude. He can run. He has great anticipation on the ball. He's very aggressive. I'm very comfortable with him starting at corner for us." (HA)

HA Note: "Bryant is a stickler for details. On his first day of unsupervised workouts last summer, when teammates were going through passing drills, Bryant worked on his footwork. He weaved around orange cones. He also did high-step drills on a roped ladder placed on the grass field."

About why he works so hard on his footwork, Bryant said that DB coach:
"Miano always says you have to map everything out before you go out there. Details are important. The details compensate if you make a wrong break or a wrong read. If your footwork is right, you should be OK." (HA)

About making time for family, school, and football, Bryant said:
"If you prepare, there's time for everything. I want to get the best out of every situation. One of the coaches said don't let 'effort' be the reason you didn't get the job. If I can put in as many hours as I can, if God blesses me with the energy and the focus, there isn't any reason I can't give my team 100 percent." (HA)

HA Note: "Bryant and his wife, Keshauna, have a 2-year-old daughter, Jayana. They spend their free time at the zoo, the beach or visiting his aunt in Wai'anae. Bryant is part Chamorro, although he has never been to Guam."

About living in Hawaii, Bryant said:
"I don't think you can find people like the ones who live here anywhere else in the world. I've lived in a big city. I've been to a lot of places. The people here are so accepting." (HA)

No comments:

Post a Comment