Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Kalani Brackenridge will play football and baseball at UH

About UH's late offer, Brackenridge said:
"I was surprised, actually. (UH) came to my school and watched us practice before, but I never heard from them until I got a phone call a couple weeks ago from (defensive backs coach) Rich Miano. He was just saying he likes the way I play." (HSB)

Note: Brackenridge had scholarship offers from Washington State and Idaho, but Washington State didn't want him to play baseball and Idaho doesn't have a baseball team.

HSB Note: "Brackenridge visited the Manoa campus over the weekend and got the two-sport offer -- something not very common for UH athletes as freshmen."

About how he played in Les Murakami Stadium recently in the Perfect Games Tournament, Brackridge said:
"There's no dirt (in the infield). I like that field, all natural hops, no bad hops. The ball gets on you quicker. But it doesn't matter what kind of field it is." (HSB)

HSB Note: "Brackenridge is awaiting results of his recent SAT. He has a 2.5 grade-point average, but expects to meet UH's academic requirements."

About a thumb injury ended his senior football season early, Brackenridge said:
"I was frustrated when I got hurt. I wanted to play with my cast (on), but my doctor wouldn't allow it because of the surgery." (HSB)

HSB Note: "Rather than committing early to other schools -- New Mexico, Utah State and Wyoming were also interested -- Brackenridge's patience is being rewarded."

About next football season, Brackenridge said:
"I just want a shot to play and compete at my position." (HSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment