Monday, February 9, 2009

Jordan Loeffler will grayshirt and then redshirt at UH

HTH = Hawaii Tribune-Herald

HTH Note: "When University of Hawaii football coaches saw Hilo High School's Jordan Loeffler as a junior at a clinic in Honokaa, they saw a potential diamond in the rough. After all, at 6-foot-5 and 260 pounds, the young Loeffler had the size and potential to impress head coach Greg McMackin and well-known assistant Cal Lee."

About what the UH coaches told him when he was a junior, Loeffler said:
"They told me, "We'll keep an eye on you.' That was pretty awesome, being around all of those other guys at the signing. I got to see a lot of guys who will eventually be my teammates." (HTH)

HTH Note: "Loeffler, 17, a senior at Hilo High, has grown to almost 6-6 and 280 pounds since the Hawaii coaches first saw him. And they have been impressed enough by the young offensive lineman and his enormous potential over the past two years to award him with a football scholarship."

About how he will grayshirt and then redshirt, Loeffler said:
"I'm very excited about playing for the Warriors. I'm going to keep working hard and see what happens. The coaches want me to gray shirt this coming year and then red shirt a year. That will give me time to mature, and to get stronger and faster. I totally agree with coach Mack's decision. I think it's the best thing for me. I'll play in the 2011 season. But it gives me time to get better and I just want to help Hawaii win." (HTH)

Praising Cal Lee, the coach who convinced him to choose UH over Washington and Washington State, Loeffler said:
"Coach Cal is a good coach and he makes a lot of sense when he talks. He speaks the truth." (HTH)

Planning to major in communications or physical education, Loeffler said:
"I'm taking everything one step at a time. I want to get a good degree. I'm going to work hard to get better, and if I have a chance to go pro one day, then I'll look at my options." (HTH)

HTH Note: "In the meantime, Loeffler will throw the discus and shot put for Hilo High during the upcoming track season. He finished third in the shot put and fifth in the discus during last year's Big Island Interscholastic Federation championships."

About preparing for football after track season, Loeffler said:
"Then over the summer, I'll keep working out, trying to get stronger and quicker. 'm really looking forward to going to the University of Hawaii. I want to make a name for myself." (HTH)

HTH Note "Loeffler earned All-State honorable mention this past season while playing for Viking coach Kalani Siliga. He also played in the Hawaii/Polynesia-Mainland Bowl on Oahu."

Thanking the people who have supported him, Loeffler said:
"I'd like to thank my family, my grandparents, my coaches and my former coaches for supporting me. They've been there all along and I really appreciate it." (HTH)

No comments:

Post a Comment