Sunday, February 15, 2009

David Veikune update

scout = scout.com

Crediting his success to his coaches at UH and Colorado, Veikune said:
"It's really a tribute to the great coaching that I've gotten both in Hawaii and Colorado. I've had four of five different position coaches, and I've just tried to take everything that I've learned from them and put it out there on the field." (scout)

scout note: "Veikune, who was originally a redshirt freshman at the University of Colorado, spent a year at Fresno City College before heading to the University of Hawaii for his sophomore season. And while he notched seven sacks during his junior year, he didn't become a full-time starter until the 2008 season. With the right coaching at the next level, he should continue to build upon his success."

Looking forward to learning in the NFL, Veikune said:
"The NFL has the best coaches in the land, and I can't wait to start working with them. I know I'll learn some new techniques from them, and I'll continue to get stronger and faster. I'm a versatile player and a guy who just wants to keep getting better to help his team win." (scout)

No comments:

Post a Comment