Friday, November 28, 2008

Other quotes from the local papers

About how he grew up a Washington State fan, Tyson Kafentzis (who grew up in Richland, Washington, about a 2-hour drive from Pullman) said:
"Definitely I was a Cougar fan for sure. I'm east side all the way." (HSB)

Looking forward to playing Washington State, Kafentzis said:
"I'm real familiar with the area and I just can't wait to play those guys." (HSB)

HSB Note: "Kafentzis plays behind Seattle product Adam Leonard, who is friends with Brandon Gibson, Washington State's leading receiver. UH cornerback Jameel Dowling (Tacoma) was recruited by the Cougars coming out of junior college and has a cousin, receiver Michael Willis, on the WSU roster. Running back Leon Wright-Jackson (Pasco) and scout team offensive lineman Daniel Johnson (Issaquah) are also from the state."

About how Washington State beat Washington last week, Adam Leonard said:
"It's definitely a big-time rivalry game. I know it was a great game this past week and they'll be ready to play." (HSB)

About how he went to Washington State games and knows how big the game vs. rival Washington is, Kafentzis said:
"I used to go to the Apple Cup games when they were in Pullman, it was huge. We used to go to Pullman every year for track events and I just love the campus, how it's off in the middle of nowhere. It's just a great place to play football." (HSB)

About how he went to UH to join his brother Landon, Kafentzis said:
"Whenever I went to my grandma Kafentzis' house they've got this whole wall that's just all trophies, plaques, helmets, game balls. It definitely inspired all of us young kids growing up. The reason I came here was my brother was transferring form Arizona. I said I'd get a couple of years with my brother and had a blast." (HSB)

About their practice yesterday, Jameel Dowling said:
"It was a fun practice. We went hard and understand what we have to do." (HSB)

About how they arrived in Honolulu noon yesterday and will give the team some free time today, but they would try to keep their players in their normal game-week schedule, Washington State head coach Paul Wulff said:
"We'll designate it to them right up front and the rest is all business." (HSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment