Thursday, November 27, 2008

Feature story on David Farmer

About Farmer's excellent blocking ability, Daniel Libre said:
"We all go to him for tips on blocking and how to be explosive." (HSB)

About how he doesn't get a chance to run the ball often (12 rushes and 1 reception this season), Farmer said:
"I'm going to give the same effort running as I do blocking. It just may not be as flashy as Kealoha (Pilares)." (HSB)

About how he's even enjoying the early morning practices now, Farmer said:
"I'm just trying to savor it while it lasts. I'm surprisingly enjoying practice right now. The first year I think I hated every practice -- now I love every practice. It's just interesting how time changes things." (HSB)

Not worried if he's considered the starter or not, Farmer said:
"It's just whoever (the coaches want) in on the first play depending on what's called. If it's a run play, more than likely it's not me. I'm OK with that. Whoever gets the start, gets the start." (HSB)

About how Farmer surprises people when he runs the ball, Mac said:
"I like him running the ball. I know in the past he's just been a blocker, but I think he can run the football. He's got some quicks and he has good vision. He's a tough, hard-nosed football player." (HSB)

About how Farmer understands how to protect the QB, Ron Lee said:
"He's like a coach as far as knowing the protection. That's really his strong point. He's not a burner, but he has such a good understanding of the blocking he's able to do a lot of good things with the ball." (HSB)

About how he enjoys the physical nature of blocking, Farmer said:
"I don't know why, I haven't been able to figure it out. I'm comfortable doing it. If you aren't hurting, then what are you doing on the field? It's all about sacrificing your body." (HSB)

About how Farmer is different off the field, Libre said:
"He's way different on the field. He's like an animal on the field and then off the field he's really calm. He's cool all the way up until he sets foot on the field, then it comes out." (HSB)

About how he is different on the field, Farmer said:
"I can be more of a jerk on the field. It's not really that you flip a switch, you sort of get thrown into an environment and adrenaline and all that stuff starts taking over. I certainly am much more irritable, I'll say that." (HSB)

About how he's on schedule to graduate at the end of this school year, Farmer said about the scholarship he was awarded last season:
"I don't want to take it for granted. I make sure I go to my classes and everything and finish up." (HSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment