Friday, October 31, 2008

Other quotes from the local papers

Looking forward to their road trip to Utah, Tim Grasso (who grew up in Kaysville, Utah, near where they will be staying this weekend) said:
"This is a game I've been looking forward to for two years, ever since I decided to come out here." (HSB)

HSB Note: "Grasso is heading home coming off one of his best games. The senior averaged a season-high 45.8 yards per punt last week, including a career-best 55-yarder, and killed three inside the Wolf Pack 20-yard line in Hawaii's 38-31 win over Nevada. Not bad for a former receiver who didn't focus on punting until his freshman year at Dixie State College of Utah. Grasso was an all-state player at Davis High in Kaysville and did some punting on the side. He got a scholarship to Dixie as a receiver, but when he wasn't getting much playing time, he shifted his focus to punting rather than catching."

About focusing on being a punter at his JC, Grasso said:
"They needed a punter, so I worked on it and worked on it and I realized if I'm going to make it in Division I it's going to be as a punter." (HSB)

About JoPierre Davis downing two of his punts inside the Nevada 5 last week, Grasso said:
"I told JP I owe him lunch." (HSB)

About how they practice "Sky punt" on Thursdays, where he angle kicks towards the corner and the gunners try to keep the ball out of the end zone, Grasso said:
"I just have a good time with it on Thursday and it's been paying off. It's personal to me, because I know it'll help the defense, especially in a tight game." (HSB)

About why Rausch made the travel roster while Tyler did not, Mac said:
"He's our third-best quarterback in everything you rate them on." (HSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment