Friday, August 29, 2008

Sol, Adam, Keala, and Estes selected as team captains

About how a lot of Warriors got votes for being a captain (each player on the road trip got to vote for 2 players), Mack said:
"Quite honestly, there were a lot of guys who got votes, so we have a lot of leaders. Those guys were separated. Those were very good choices. The team really respects them." (HA)

HA Note: "Elimimian and Leonard are fourth-year starters. They have never redshirted. Elimimian calls the defensive signals. Leonard was one of the organizers of the unsupervised workouts this summer, often providing the water. Estes, the only junior of the quartet, is a third-year starter. He makes the blocking calls. Watson has been a part-time starter the past three seasons. But he is considered one of the team's spiritual leaders. He also has co-authored two ha'a chants, including the version the Warriors will use this season. The Nanakuli High graduate is the only one of the four who was raised in Hawai'i."

Honored to be a captain, Keala said:
"The few and the proud. It's an honor to join them as a captain. One of the best things is we have so many good leaders on our team. All of the positions have leaders. Every position has people who will step up and take charge and get everybody motivated." (HA)

Honored to be a captain, Estes said:
"I'm honored my teammates look at me as a leader. There are so many other guys who are deserving. I'm so happy they picked me." (HA)

"I'm just honored that my teammates voted for me. There's so many guys who are deserving to be captains." (HSB)

Honored to be a captain, Adam said:
"Humbled and hungry. It's a great honor. I'm appreciative. I'm happy to know my teammates feel this way about me. At the same time, I'm not going to be any different than when I first came in. I want to go out there and work hard and lead by example." (HA)

Sol was named the WAC's Preseason Defensive Player of the Year but said that being named captain:
"is the biggest honor. Any time you get your teammates' admiration and respect, it goes a long way. It's a blessing. Being voted captain by your peers, the guys you go to war with, is definitely significant." (HA)

About moving from MLB to outside LB, Sol said:
"I'll do whatever it takes to help the team. The team is the most important thing." (HA)

No comments:

Post a Comment