Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Random Warrior Notes from the Star-Bulletin

Not optimistic about Maka's situation, Mack said:
"I don't think the NCAA is going to give him another year. We haven't got any reports and his is one of those things that's very difficult to document. He's not on our roster right now. He tried. He's a great person, and I feel bad about it." (HSB)

HSB Note: "Meanwhile, Kainoa LaCount's status is still pending. The highly regarded offensive tackle won't be able to report to camp until at least a few days into it because his last final at College of the Canyons (Calif.) is Aug. 7. UH will likely keep a camp spot open for him, but LaCount could end up redshirting if he doesn't get up to speed quickly."

About how he might have to redshirt, 6'7", 290-pound Kainoa LaCount said:
"I don't mind if I have to. It's another year to get bigger, faster and stronger. It might be the best thing." (HSB)

About how season-ticket sales have passed last year's mark (as of July 18 they were at 24,164), John McNamara said:
"We're definitely exceeding last year's figure." (HSB)

HSB Note: "UH sold 22,975 season-ticket packages last year, ending five consecutive years of declining sales. Fans have until Friday to take advantage of a promotion that includes a $99 price for all five pay-per-view road game telecasts with the purchase of a season-ticket package. The road games would be $280 if bought separately. UH also expects to sell more than 1,000 tickets to students. They can buy them online for the first time via the Hawaiiathletics.com Website."

About being one of the 3 finalists for UC Santa Barbara's AD spot, Carl Clapp said:
"It's my alma mater and Santa Barbara is my hometown. I have a fondness for it and I'm flattered they're interested in me. On the other hand I really enjoy my job here." (HSB)

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I hate to say that warriorquotes.wordpress.com is a great forum!
    I spent a lot of hours looking for a board relevant to my hobbies.
    Fortunately, I found that website.

    Excuse me if this is a bad section to post , however I could not find more relevant http://community.openmicsession.com/GalenoRico - :)

    ReplyDelete