Saturday, May 17, 2008

Jason Ferguson thinks he'll help Samson improve

About how he helped the centers at his previous teams (both played in the Pro Bowl) improve, new Miami NT Jason Ferguson said:
"The last two teams I played with, I faced the best two centers in the league. That was Kevin Mawae when I was with the Jets and Andre Gurode with the Cowboys. When you go against Pro Bowlers every day in practice, it made me better. And I think I helped make them better." (MH)

MH Note: "Ferguson says he and Satele should become close -- just as he did with the other two centers -- because it suits everyone's best interest as well as the team's."

About how he became close to the centers on his previous teams, Ferguson said:
"You become one of the guy's best friends because you go and check with him every day and ask questions that help each other. You say, 'What about my technique? How was it then?' And they ask me the same about themselves. That's what I expect from the young guy here." (MH)

About Samson, Ferguson said:
"I think he's a good worker. He's a good, athletic kid. When I watch him, I say, 'Hey, he's not going to sit there and just take it.' You don't want no offensive lineman taking it." (MH)

Asked how he did in his practice work against Mawae and Gurode, Ferguson said:
"You don't go in thinking I'll win this one and he'll win that one. I want to win nine out of 10." (MH)

No comments:

Post a Comment