Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Colt is ready for the draft

Asked when he would be selected and by which team, Colt said:
"You really don't know." (HA)

HA Note: "He said his close friend, Matt Leinart, never interviewed with the Arizona Cardinals, who selected the former USC quarterback in the first round. Another friend, Trent Edwards, was drafted by the Buffalo Bills without receiving a personal workout."

About how predictions for him range from the 2nd round to not being drafted at all, Colt said:
"I'm probably more prepared to not be drafted than anyone else. Maybe I have to walk on to an NFL team. If that's what it takes, so be it. It only makes me stronger. Basically, it makes my story that much better down the road." (HA)

About his draft status, Colt said:
"I'm not anxious or anything. I think I'd be way more anxious if I were one of those Matt Ryan-top-15 picks. I know after this weekend, I get to play football. That's always the easiest part." (HA)

About his discomfort the day after his surgery, Colt said:
"If I sat down for a certain time, my leg would get uncomfortable."

Colt said that a few days after that:
"the ailments were gone. Each week, I'm getting better and better." (HA)

HA Note: "He said he rides an exercise bike and does light weight-lifting. He said if all goes well, he hopes to be able to participate in one of the later mini camps. He expects to be 100 percent by July."

About how his family will spend the weekend at a rented beach house, Colt said:
"We'll do some family stuff. Me and my dad will hang out. I won't be one of those guys posted up to the TV, waiting and waiting. I'll take is as a somewhat normal weekend." (HA)

No comments:

Post a Comment