Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Brian Kajiyama feature article

About being a graduate assistant with the Warriors, Brian said:
"I've always loved football and always thought I'd be just a fan. Now I'm a grad assistant for the football team. I've never thought it would be possible." (HA)

HA Note: "He became a paid graduate assistant in August after volunteering hundreds of hours for the team. Kajiyama also serves on the state's Disability and Communication Access Board, and he is the former co-executive director of Pathways, an electronic forum for the National Institute on Multicultural Competence. Two weeks ago, he flew to Los Angeles to accept the Jacqueline Brand Leadership in Assistive Technology Award."

About how Brian inspires others, Rep. Gene Ward said:
"Brian is an inspiration to all those who watch UH football and saw him living his dream. He couldn't physically play, but he could be a part of what he loved. He's an inspiration to the community and a lesson to go for what's your passion." (HA)

About why he is motivated to volunteer and get out in the community, Brian said:
"The way I see my part in all this is I'm helping to promote awareness for persons with disabilities and hopefully change the perception of cannot into one of can-do. I feel everyone has a responsibility to give back to their community." (HA)

No comments:

Post a Comment