Monday, February 25, 2008

Mack and JJ: Best of Friends

About bringing some Hawaii style to SMU, JJ said:
"I wear (aloha shirts) up there actually. We instituted aloha fridays." (KHNL)

About how JJ is in Hawaii now to help Mack and the UH program, Mack said:
"We're best friends, and he's best friends with Hawaii." (KHNL)

KHNL Note: "McMackin and Jones have known and worked with each other for more than 20 years. From Oregon, to the USFL, to the 1999 and 2007 warriors -- two of the program's biggest years under Jones."

Praising Mack, JJ said:
"He's a good football coach, good person, good man. I'm excited for him to lead this program." (KHNL)

Praising JJ, Mack said:
"He's just a special guy. He's been a good friend of mine forever. He supports me in anything I do, and I support him in anything he does." (KHNL)

Asked who would win if UH played SMU, Mack said:
"We're gonna kick their ass. You know that." (KHNL)

JJ made a surprising prediction:
"Uh, U.H. It's hard to come over here and win, I know that." (KHNL)

About facing SMU, Mack said:
"I don't think you can shut down the run and shoot. But I just believe in our guys, and i'm sure he feels the same way." (KHNL)

KHNL Note: "Jones says the Mustangs have openings in their schedule in the 2009, 2012 and 2013 seasons. But ultimately, scheduling is not up to the coaches -- it's up to the athletics director."

No comments:

Post a Comment