Monday, January 28, 2008

UH gets 3 JC commits

H Note: "Mike Tinoco, a wide receiver from Saddleback Community College in Mission Viejo, Calif. Chris Black, a cornerback from College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita, Calif. Jeramy Bryant, a cornerback from Los Angeles Harbor College. All three have two seasons of eligibility remaining."

About the UH coaching staff, Tinoco said:
"I love the offense. The coaching staff is great. They're awesome." (HA)

HA Note: "Tinoco gives the Warriors another big (6 feet 2 1/2 and 200 pounds) wideout, joining incumbents Greg Salas, Malcolm Lane and Dylan Linkner, and newcomer Daniel Lofton. Tinoco said he has run 40 yards in 4.53 seconds. Tinoco also received interest from Boise State and Connecticut."

About his hobbies that will fit nicely with Hawaii, Tinoco said:
"I love to surf and bodyboard and bodysurf. I've been doing that for 10 years now." (HA)

About Hawaii, which he was visited a few times, long-biard surfing off Hale'iwa and Waikiki, Tinoco said:
"I love the Islands. It's kind of my style." (HA)

Asked if he committed to the Warrriors, Black said:
"Yes, sir, I'm going to be a Warrior. Being out here for the weekend, I like the surroundings. It's kind of laid back. I like the football team. I have a chance to come in and play right away." (HA)

HA Note: "Black, who is 5 feet 10 and 170 pounds, said he has run 40 yards in under 4.5 seconds. He was raised in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., but opted to attend a junior college in California. Black received interest from Indiana, Nevada, Central Michigan, New Mexico State and Idaho State. But after the past weekend's visit, he decided nothing compared to paradise."

Black said that during his visit:
"I met great people. I love how they show the Hawai'i football program so much love. I feel like I can fit in." (HA)

About Bryant, L.A. Harbor coach Andrew Alvillar said:
"He's a great kid. He'll be a great asset to the program. He's a hard-working kid. He gets the most out of any situation. He'll be missed in our program. He was a leader on our team." (HA)

"I round it up to 4.5." (HA)

About Bryant who set the team record last season with 14 pass breakups, Alvillar said:
"Athletically, he's always around the football." (HA)

HA Note: "Bryant visited Akron and Washington State. He also received interest from Oregon State, Iowa State and Utah State."

Bryant said that before the end of his recruiting trip yesterday he decided that:
"Hawai'i is where I want to be. I love coach Mack. I love his coaching style, and the way he approaches things, the way he handles his business. And I met my personal coach, (Rich) Miano. He's great. He knows his stuff." (HA)

About how their two freshmen starting safeties looked to Bryant for leadership, Alvillar said:
"He's a real physical type of player. He's physically strong. He's really determined to be the best player he can be. He strives to be the best. He works hard. He does a lot of extra stuff. He's really going to dive into this opportunity and make the most of it, for sure." (HA)

Adding that Bryant performs a lot of community service and his active in his church, Alvillar said:
"He's a good role model. And he's low maintenance. Tell him what to do and, and he'll do it above and beyond. You'll never have to worry about him." (HA)

No comments:

Post a Comment