Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Quotes about Rich Miano

About how he was not tempted to go to SMU, Rich Miano (rumored for promotion to Associate Head Coach) said:
"I made that clear from day one. I'm living in Hawai'i regardless." (HA)

HA Note: "It would be a natural ascension for Miano, who joined UH as a walk-on in 1980 and developed into an All-Western Athletic Conference safety and 11-year National Football League veteran. He has served as the Warriors' defensive secondary coach the past nine seasons."

About UH, Miano said:
"I firmly believe in the University of Hawai'i. I'm an alumnus." (HA)

About how his background makes it easier to speak with recruits, Miano said:
"When I talk to a recruit, he knows I'm not a hypocrite. I played for the school, and I'm proud of that. I've graduated from the school. I'm proud of that. I think the world of the state of Hawai'i. I have a hard time faking something. If I don't truly believe in it, I can't sell it. I believe in this, and it's easy to sell." (HA)

HA Note: "With the expected new title, Miano will retain his roles of coaching the defensive backs, coordinating the walk-on program, and serving as the pro-football liaison."

About handling his various jobs, Miano said:
"There are 24 hours in a day. It's a matter of making sure you structure your time and get things done that need to get done. Right now, my main focus is on recruiting." (HA)

About the importance of recruiting, Miano said:
"We understand the importance of recruiting. We want to build a foundation so we can continue June's dream of a continual top-25 program, which is going to take a lot of work and a lot of resources. We need everybody from the fans buying tickets to legislative and community support. All of those types of things." (HA)

No comments:

Post a Comment