Saturday, January 26, 2008

Quotes about Colt and the Senior Bowl

About the colder weather at the Senior Bowl, Colt said:
"It was a little thick out there today, but the good thing is I once played football in Boston (Worcester Academy) and once played football in Colorado (redshirt in 2003. So I know what it's like to play in this weather. In fact, today (Thursday), which was the coldest day, was my best day out there, so that was a good thing. Basically, I had a great week. I really felt like I came out here and accepted the challenge and I'm really excited trying to go out there and making something happen." (HA)

About how he's improved in the practice sessions as he got more comfortable, Colt said:
"Every day (during the practice sessions) I've gotten a little bit better than the day before. I feel that I'm starting to get a grasp of the offense and starting to understand things. If everything falls together, I hopefully will go out there and have a good day, do some good things and impress some scouts and coaches." (HA)

Praising the 49ers coaching staff, who are the coaches for his Senior Bowl team, Colt said:
"Offensive coordinator Mike Martz has been doing the hands-on work, while head coach Mike Nolan's a cool coach. I really like the way he addresses his team and talks to us. I also like the way he coaches a little bit of everybody out there at practice." (HA)

About how this game will let him bounce back from the Sugar Bowl, Colt said:
"I didn't really come in here (to the Senior Bowl) under a whole lot of pressure or anxiety. I really came here to meet people and to have as much fun as possible. Obviously, you're always judged by your last game. It (the Sugar Bowl) was a tough game for us, and I battled through it and I wished that things had gone a little different. This game will give me an opportunity to bounce back and come out here. I could have had a great game and there would still have been all those questions. This week, I get to learn a new offense, and get to answer all those questions — hopefully in a positive way." (HA)

About the Senior Bowl, Colt said:
"This is a great experience for me, because I'm kind of the big question mark as far as the quarterbacks in the draft. Everybody's kind of waiting to see, 'Is he a good kid? Is he a good football player?"' (AP)

About questions on whether or not he can play well in a different system, Colt said:
"People just question, can I be as effective in a different system. Obviously there's a learning curve and I'm going to have to get used to lining up at center. It can come back to really benefit me because I don't think people expect me to be good under center. The truth is that I grew up my whole life with Matt Leinart and Carson Palmer in Orange County learning the West Coast offense. I went to Colorado to play the West Coast offense. I'm going back to my roots." (AP)

Colt also wants to prove he's:
"a good kid who's got a good heart." (AP)

Enjoying the Senior Bowl evaluations, Colt said:
"For me this is a great opportunity and I understand how much this can benefit me. Instead of shying away, I'm really up for it. I'm really excited when a coach approaches me or a scout approaches me. I'm really eager to talk and eager to be part of the process." (AP)

AP Note: "He regards a 169-yard, three-interception performance in Hawaii's Sugar Bowl loss to Georgia as a "last lesson" for his college career. It showed him how to better handle the abundant attention and the large crowds that go with being an NFL quarterback -- or playing in a BCS bowl."

About the Sugar Bowl, Colt said:
"It's like the saying, 'I'd rather have loved and lost than never have loved at all.' I can always say I went to the Sugar Bowl my senior year. They can never take that away from me." (AP)

No comments:

Post a Comment