Monday, October 29, 2007

Quotes about UH being #14 in the BCS and topics

Focused on winning games, not the BCS or rankings right now, JJ said:
"I don't think we'll ever be where we should be until the end. I know me and my players are not thinking down the road. I don't think postseason has come up in anyone's thought process." (HSB)


About their move up in the ratings, Colt said that it is:
"obviously good, [but] our focus is on winning games. ... We know if we lose, we're out of the polls. We have to face the challenges ahead of us." (HA)


About how the key is for them to focus on winning the WAC, Adam Leonard said:
"I think we just gotta win the WAC. The people who analyze this and decide where to put us, that's up to them and we can't really concern ourselves with it. We just have to play our best football and when we do that it will take care of it." (HSB)


Asked if they should be considered an elite team, Sol Elimimian said:
"I think so. But we have to keep improving. In my mind, we are a top-10 team. The schedule, we can't help, we just have to play our schedule." (HSB)


About how teams below UH can pass them in the BCS standings, Jerry Palm of CollegeBCS.com said:
"Since Hawai'i has virtually no chance of posting an impressive win, except Boise State, they can get jumped by teams behind them because those teams play much better opposition." (HA)

About how all of the upsets has helped UH's BCS position, Palm said:
"All the attrition has helped Hawai'i tremendously. They are much higher in the (BCS standings) than they had any right to expect, even by the end of the season, let alone the end of October." (HA)

After estimating UH's BCS chances of being 50/50, now Palm says:
"Now, they have a pretty good chance of getting in, if they win out." (HA)


Happy about UH's BCS chance, Karl Benson said that:
"we have to be pretty pleased where they are at this point. If they continue to win and have convincing victories, they are going to get there (12th)." (HA)

About how UH hasn't beaten a team with a winning record, Benson said:
"None of them in the top 100, probably." (HA)


About how the news of Monteilh's shoulder injury took the joy out of the win for him, GM said:
"It took the luster off the win for me. He's done such a great job, and he's such a great kid. I feel really bad for him and for us." (HA)

"It's a shame. It's disappointing. He's had such a great year. He's sort of the quarterback of our secondary. He makes the calls. He gets everybody organized. He's real valuable. He plays the nickel. He plays the safety." (HA)


Monteilh has been told that he probably has fractured the socket in his left shoulder, adding:
"We don't know what it is yet. I was told it could be the shoulder socket. I'm glad we've got a bye. A lot of guys are dinged up." (HSB)

"If that's the case, I'm probably out for the season." (HA)


Monteilh says that the recovery time for that injury is:
"six to eight weeks." (HA)


About how he initially thought he suffered a stinger in his shoulder, Monteilh said:
"When I hit him, my shoulder went dead. It was painful. I couldn't move it. I thought it was a stinger at first. I hoped it was a stinger, but it wouldn't go away." (HA)


About how Mouton would take over the nickelback spot and Desmond Thomas would take over the starting left safety, GM said:
"That's the way it looks right now. But I've got a lot of ideas." (HA)


Sad about having to miss games, Monteilh said:
"As long as we bring home a ring, I'll be glad with that." (HA)

No comments:

Post a Comment