Saturday, July 21, 2007

Quotes from Leonard Peters

http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=6810180


About how he didn't even think he could play football in college, LP said:
"I don't even think I was thinking college when I came out of high school. I was just glad coach (Rich) Miano gave me the opportunity to come and play college. He gave a lot of words of encouragement that helped me through college and so its a great opportunity for me to take a big step in my life." (KHNL)


About the Jets, LP said:
"Just being in New York, you know big city, its like Vegas the city that never sleeps, its business up there and you're under the spotlight. You know it felt like my freshman year in college, you don't know what to expect but you're excited at the same time." (KHNL)


About how he is the underdog to make the roster, LP said:
"Its a good thing because it makes for a good story, you know if you make the team you can tell the kids what you had to go through. For me it doesn't matter if I was a draft pick or a free agent, just making the team is good enough for me." (KHNL)

No comments:

Post a Comment