Saturday, July 21, 2007

Quotes about the start of Colt's Heisman campaign

Looking forward to the WAC Football Media Preview, where his Heisman campaign will kick off, Colt said:
"I'm excited to go up there. I've never done it before, so it's a new experience. Obviously it will be a chance to let people know what our team has been doing this summer and where we stand and what we plan on doing this year." (HA)


About his Heisman campaign DVD that Robert Kekaula edited, Colt said:
"From what I've heard, when people talk about other DVDs, it's put together really well. It's really well done. I wanted something simple, but they took the torch and ran with it. It's cool. It's good for the school. It shows how much the school wants to take care of the players and promote them. I'm excited." (HA)


Looking forward to meeting opposing players in the WAC, Colt said:
"I'm really more curious about what other teams out there in the WAC think of themselves. I know how everyone talks about how we have an easy schedule this year." (HA)


About one of the ramifications of their weak schedule, Colt said:
"People are expecting a lot, obviously, because our schedule is not that tough. They're not going to give us a big margin for error." (HA)


About the upcoming season, Colt said:
"We watch every week how a one-win football team takes an undefeated team to the wire, and sometimes upsets them. It's going to be a tough season, no matter how you look at it. You never know how injuries are going to take. We need to take care of business either way. We need to focus on winning every week. We have to capitalize and take advantage of opportunities and set out to do something big and win football games." (HA)


About how he decided to walk on to UH, Colt's high school teammates CB Camron Carmona said:
"I kind of based my decision on him staying. I didn't want to go back East and play in the cold weather. I visited here, and I felt this is where I want to be." (HA)

HA Notes that Camron has 2 years of eligibility left.

No comments:

Post a Comment