Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mana Silva transferring to UH

2006 Kam-Hawaii graduate Keanemana "Mana" Silva said that he'd be able to get his release from Oregon State to transfer to UH:
"it won't be any trouble" (HA)

HA Note: "Silva said he wishes to transfer because of family concerns. He declined to disclose those reasons. But he was in good academic standing at OSU."


About his time at Oregon State, Silva said:
"It was fun. I had a good experience. The coaching staff at Oregon State was really good. There are a lot of Hawai'i kids over there. I felt like I was at home." (HA)


Silva redshirted last season and will have to redshirt again due to transfer rules, and said:
"I know I have to wait another year, but I want to get on the field already. I'll wait one year, and plan for the 2008 season." (HA)


The 6'1", 210-pound (4.5 in the 40) Silva who wishes to play safety said about going to UH:
"I'm really excited about going home." (HA)

No comments:

Post a Comment