Friday, July 27, 2007

Christian Vasconcellos commits to UH

6'1" Christian Vasconcellos, DB from Damien accepted a scholarship to UH and said:
"I like the hype. This is my home. I have to protect my home." (HA)

"I'm going to be a Warrior." (HA)

"My goal was to play Division I football and play here, but I wasn't getting noticed by UH. All I got was a questionnaire when I was a sophomore, so I started thinking mainland. Now I'm happy because I don't think I can leave my grandma (Nancy Vasconcellos), and I can play in front of my family." (HSB)

HA Note: "Vasconcellos said he made his decision after attending the Hawai'i Football Camp at the UH athletic complex. The UH football coaches serve as instructors."


About attending the Hawaii Football Camp, Christian said:
"It's the only one I could afford. I couldn't afford any other camp." (HA)


Christian said that he learned:
"new things and different techniques I could bring back. It was really helpful." (HA)


Christian had not received any offers before the camp, and went to it to:
"get on the radar." (HSB)

HSB Note: "He has played cornerback, safety and wide receiver at Damien. He is also one of the state's best triple jumpers. Vasconcellos will probably be a safety at UH."

No comments:

Post a Comment