Thursday, May 10, 2007

More on the Soap Controversy via CBS Sportsline

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10175044/1

About their poor facilities, Colt said:
"When we were on the road (last season) and saw what Alabama had, you have no idea how intimidating that is. when we come from not even having soap in our showers." (CBS Sportsline)


About how JJ doesn't understand how bad their facilities are, Colt:
"He's never been to another college setting. I don't think he has seen really what I've seen. I don't think he understands how bad it really was." (CBS Sportsline)


About staying at UH for his senior season, Colt said:
"When I came back," he said, "I wanted to do something special." (CBS Sportsline)


About their cutbacks in resources lately, Colt said:
"Ever since I got here I noticed a huge dropoff in money and resources. It's just, they have no money. They were way over budget ... Everybody is kind of in the same boat. The fans feel a little cheated. The players feel a little cheated, and the faculty feels a little bit cheated." (CBS Sportsline)


Indicating that vandalism of their locker room was done by students, HF said:
"I'm not going to throw our kids under the bus." (CBS Sportsline)

CBS Sportsline Note: "Frazier also said a computer facility for football players had been closed indefinitely because of vandalism and "improper computer usage." It is available, but by appointment only."


About Colt's parking concerns, HF said:
"Colt, my man, I love you, but every student has to pay for parking." (CBS Sportsline)

Note: Of course, that was not Colt's complaint but HF has no response to the real problem so he took a shot at Colt in a national publication...


About how he was the victim of identity theft, Colt said:
"The only way that was possible is people went through my trash. He's not giving me any money. That stirred my irritation level." (CBS Sportsline)

CBS Sportsline Note: "We feel for what might have set you off, Colt. You said your car was broken into at your off-campus apartment -- on consecutive days. They got your wallet and golf clubs. Before that, you claimed to be a victim of identity theft."


Amazed at how good a job JJ does despite their poor facilities, Colt said:
"In a heartbeat I'd still pick Hawaii. It's amazing Coach Jones is able to get the talent when the facilities look the way they do." (CBS Sportsline)


About how UH will pay for his flight to the Heisman Award ceremony, HF said:
"We would have paid for it last year, just like we paid for the soap." (CBS Sportsline)

Note: Of course, the fact is that UH did NOT pay for the soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment